To become a successful nail technician, you will need to display or develop the following abilities:
- Must be creative, in order to think expansively about designs for the nails.
- Must be patient, as it is often delicate work that requires some dexterity.
- Being able to use your initiative in identifying and carrying out work for clients is important.
- As it is very much a face to face business, having good people skills and an outgoing and amiable character is very useful.
- It pays to have the diligence to ensure you stick rigidly to health and safety procedures too.
- Organisational skills are very important in this career.